Human Resources Coordinator APPLY NOW
Overview: The Human Resources Coordinator at P. Graham Dunn is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and work closely with the HR Manager to support the overall mission of the organization. This position will coordinate HR-related activities in the following areas (including, but not limited to): payroll, recruiting, onboarding, benefits administration, employee relations, recordkeeping, and safety efforts to assist in meeting company goals and maintaining the culture of the company. This role is responsible for ensuring that all employee records are maintained in a timely manner with a high-level of accuracy, and in compliance with federal and local government regulations.
- Provide human resource and administrative support to HR manager and employees.
- Responsible for communicating payroll-related changes to Accounting team for bi-weekly payroll processing (new hires, terminations, backpay, holiday pay, missed time punches, paid sick leave, etc.).
- Coordinate recruiting process and assist with consistent hiring practices. Responsible for posting positions, tracking open positions/applicants, and candidate communications. May conduct basic phone screenings. Schedules interviews for HR manager and staff; conduct facility tours. Coordinate temporary/seasonal staffing for production and/or retail events.
- Coordinate new hire onboarding process and complete administration of new hire paperwork.
- Maintain human resources records (both physical files and electronically within HRIS) by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, employee changes/updates; tracking vacation, sick, FMLA and personal time; performing time clock corrections.
- Coordinate benefit administration for all company-provided benefits—enrollment/termination paperwork, carrier portals, changes/updates; processing invoices; invoice reconciliation (includes medical, dental, vision, accident, life, LTD, STD, and 401(k) providers).
- Assist supervisors/managers with administering and tracking employee performance reviews.
- Assist the Human Resource Manager and senior management in investigating employee issues.
- Support HR Manager as needed and perform all other duties as assigned.
- Assists with various HR tasks involving:
- updating job descriptions
- employee handbook updates
- worker's comp/unemployment paperwork and tracking
- ESOP administration and education
- employment verification requests
- staff communication/relations/event planning
- wellness initiatives
- safety training
- company newsletter
- ACA reporting/maintenance
Skills & Qualifications
- Requires a strong working knowledge of Company benefits, policies and procedures and their relation to the local, state and federal laws that affect them
- Associates or bachelorâ€™s degree in Human Resources is preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years of related HR experience preferred (PHR or SHRM-CP certification a bonus)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent time-management skills
- Must be friendly, positive and energetic with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal; professional personal presentation and excellent phone etiquette desired
- Teachable attitude; acceptance of constructive feedback
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and prioritize projects; willing to be flexible
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse group of employees, candidates and outside vendors
- High level of personal integrity and able to maintain confidential information
- Read, write and comprehend the English language
- Stand for long periods of time
- Lift a maximum of 25 pounds
- Working knowledge of math, numbers, etc.
- Work at a pace consistent with changing business volume and demands
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to remain in a stationary position, walk, reach with hands and arms, push, pull, grasp (simple/power), twist (neck/waist), stoop, bend, and kneel. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
To Apply For This Position:
To submit your resume, complete the form below. To fill out an application rather than submitting a resume, click over to the Application Form.|||Dalton, Ohio|||Human Resources||||||oay0o2qBd6lAMOZP|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false