Retail Associate APPLY NOW
The primary role of this position is to energetically and joyfully serve customers by providing information about the store and retail products, assisting guests with merchandise, handling and care of the merchandise, and acting in a manner that conveys the highest possible degree of hospitality. The Retail Associates assist in proactively identifying and solving present and potential guest service issues.
General Expectations and Duties
- Be a Brand Ambassador at all times—be highly engaged and represent our passion for our brand, our products and our company.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of P. Graham Dunn
- Greet guests in a friendly manner, and treat them as you would want to be treated
- Assist customers with personalization process by utilizing engraving machine software and operating laser machines
- Will be cross-trained and stays up-to-date in all areas of store (floor, registers, laser counter, stocking, outlet, housekeeping) and must be willing to rotate through different areas as assigned by management
- Must have an extremely positive and customer-focused attitude
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example
- Carefully monitors the operation of the stores and assists the manager in identifying and solving guest problems
- Follows P. Graham Dunn operational policies and procedures to ensure the safety of all employees and guests during each shift
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace
- Must work well independently and as part of a team; must be a self-starter
- Maintains a thorough and on-going knowledge of P. Graham Dunn products, services, and store operations
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, and Saturdays
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
- Engage with and understand our guests through clear and pleasant communication
- Completes sales transactions quickly and accurately while adhering to cash protection procedures; handles returns, refunds and exchanges (with manager assistance)
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
- Assist with point of sale opening and closing procedures
- Maintain and fill special order requests, online orders, and customer holds
- Perform inventory tasks including the update of product pricing (approved by management), cycle counts, returns, and stocking of incoming product
- Assist with visual merchandising and seasonal and/or promotional resets
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Read, write and comprehend the English language
- Stand for long periods of time
- Lift a maximum of 50 pounds overhead for stocking merchandise
- Working knowledge of math, numbers, money counting and making correct change
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills (or a desire to learn)
- Work at a pace consistent with changing business volume and demands
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to remain in a stationary position, walk, reach with hands and arms, push, pull, grasp (simple/power), twist (neck/waist), stoop, bend, and kneel.
The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee constantly positions him/herself, including under counters, fixtures or in storage areas to operate a variety of office machines, such as a cash register, computer, fax machine, calculator, computer printer, etc.; stock merchandise on shelves, counters and tables, handle inventory, clean the store, etc.
The employee is required to consistently move about inside the store to greet and sell to customers, stock or arrange merchandise, inventory; clean the store, etc. The person in this position frequently communicates with customers, both in person and over the telephone, to meet, greet, service and to sell products; must be able to document incidents with ability to accurately exchange information in these situations.
The employee frequently ascends/descends a mobile ladder or step stool to access shelves, stock shelves, arrange merchandise, clean the store, etc. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, carrying at a specified distance dependent on work area, soliciting assistance from a co-worker if necessary.
To Apply For This Position:
To submit your resume, complete the form below. To fill out an application rather than submitting a resume, click over to the Application Form.|||Dalton, Ohio|||Retail||||||SCYe71cvtFW5R3LW|||PART_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false